During your training flights in the STS-400 High Performance Human Centrifuge at the NASTAR Center, you’ll experience the same elevated g-forces and visuals as you would during a vertical launch. This training program also equips you with the necessary academic training needed for a vertical launch to orbit.
- Welcome & introduction at the NASTAR Center Russell Room
- Tour of the NASTAR Center
- Orbital space flight academics: learn the physical and physiological effects of accelerations and high-g exposures
- Lunch break
- Space Training Flight #1: G Conditioning/Evaluation Profile
- Space Training Flight #2: Launch & Ascent Profile
- Space Training Flight #3: Re-entry & Descent Profile
- Space Training Flight #4: Launch Abort Profile
- Debrief, Q&A, and graduation ceremony
Note: NASTAR offers suborbital spaceflight training, orbital spaceflight training, and high altitude awareness training. You can participate in these as individual sessions or combine them for a complete experience.
Sponsorship: Sponsor an individual or group experience.
FAA Medical (Class 1, 2, or 3) or equivalent is required.
Trainees are expected to be in good health and capable of taking part in all activities.
Participants must be at least 18 years of age.